Getting ink in shoes is not a huge deal but definitely a pain in the backside.
Eh, it could be much worse.
You could be scrubbing and gouging away at a blob of asphalt as we speak.
Actually that’s exactly what my step-by-step guide was about yesterday.
But thankfully ink is a lot easier to deal with and remove.
There are some things around the house that you can use and they all take 10 – 20 minutes.
Depending on the depth of the damage, you may need to perform a few treatments to fully remove.
1. Hair spray
Hair spray is amazing for removing ink from shoes.
Plus it’s easy to get your hands on a can.
Just take your wife’s 😀 Actually that’ll be a bad idea. You might want to ask first.
- Spray onto the ink stain
- Wait a couple minutes for it to sink in
- Do not let the spray dry
- Wipe the ink off with a paper towel
Vodka also works because it’s alcohol. Alcohol is a beast at removing stains.
- Dip a wash cloth into a shot glass
- Dab the ink stain a few times
- Give it a couple minutes to soak in
- Now wipe the ink away with small, circular motions
My rating: 4.8/5
3. Dishwashing liquid
Easily one of my favorite methods for removing ink stains is dishwashing liquid.
Because everyone has a bottle under their sink!
Plus it’s so easy to use.
- Lather up a few drops of dishwashing liquid between your fingers
- Rub the ink with your finger
- Wipe off with a cloth when the ink is gone
My rating: 5/5
You do not need to mix all these different ingredients together like some articles claim.
This is so easy to do, it does not need to be complicated.
Simply choose one of the methods above and use it. It’s that easy.
Well I hope you enjoyed this short but sweet article.
Let me know what method worked for you in the comments below.
We would love to hear them!