Looking to take your outfit from a 4 to an 11.5 instantly? That I can’t guarantee, but I can show you a pair of shoes from the 90s that’s proven to be trendy and stylish.
The Skechers Energy are a big winner to 90s kids and teens all over the globe, and they made a comeback in June 2019.
The plain white is the most common, but there are many different colorways to pair with your outfit and stand out.
These shoes are basically like walking on pillows all day.
They are so fricken comfortable it’s almost unbelievable.
But I’ll let you make up your own mind.
So keep reading this review for the full rundown and what to expect if you get some for yourself.
At a Glance
Product Name: Skechers Energy
Designed for: Casual, fashion
True to size: No
Expected lifespan: 1 – 2 years
Price: $40 – $60
My rating: 4.6/5
The Skechers Energy are a casual shoe that works wonders for stylish people and looking fashionable, even if you’re not. They are incredibly comfortable and can keep you comfy all day long. They are worth far more than the current price tag, and deserve the 4.6/5 star rating from the community.
The Rundown of the Skechers Energy
The Skechers Energy is made with versatility in mind.
The manufacturers made it for running, walking, on the trail, on the streets, or just looking stylish as you go about your day.
The Skechers Energy is an athletic sneaker with wavy overlays and a lace-up ghillie vamp.
It features a cushioned collar for better ankle support, a heavy-padded tongue and insole for maximum comfort.
It’s like standing on clouds, as wearers like to put it.
An EVA foam midsole creates soft and durable cushioning.
The heel height is 1.5 inches, so you know, if you suffer from short girl problems, you will absolutely love these shoes.
Although it looks like it can’t breath because of the leather upper, it actually can due to the toe-cap perforations and mesh lining.
White Sneakers Are “Trendy and Cool”
In this day and age, plain white sneakers are all the rage.
That’s one reason why the Skechers Energy has become so popular.
Plus they have a chunky design with a high heel.
This typical design is not for everyone but if you can pair them properly, they do look amazing.
Some girls pair them with their favorite jeans and a coat and look outstanding.
If you’re already fashionable then you already know how effective a pear of white sneakers are, and what they can do to your outfit.
Other people pair them with a sporty dress, or even joggers, and look amazing.
They can take your outfit from a 4 to an 11.5.
Really your imagination is the limit.
But considering the increasing number of women wearing plain white sneakers, you can almost wear them with anything and look stylish.
A “Nostalgic” Feeling
The Skechers Energy returned in June 11, 2019 and old school lovers quickly came scattering from all walks of life, mostly teens from the 90s, and bought some for themselves.
They offer a nostalgic feeling to those that bought them when they were younger.
Although I can’t find the exact release date of these shoes, but they definitely came out sometime in the 90s.
I was only a kid in the 90s, so I don’t really remember them (92 baby).
What Are They Good For?
The Skechers Energy stands out in the fashion and casual department.
They are super trendy as you can see from the picture above, and they’ve earned the love from the community.
These sneakers are everywhere.
Girls wear them for casual use, looking stylish, all-day wear, and even their job.
They are made for walking and casual use, and they perform flawlessly in this field.
Although I do not recommend them for running or other athletic exercises.
They are just not made for it.
So keep them for casual wear and they’ll treat you just fine.
The Pros and Cons
- Removable insole – The removable insole allows for orthotics for those that require alternative arch support
- High heel – The increased heel height has received a lot of praise from the community
- Leather upper with perforated overlays – The leather upper increases durability, while the perforated overlays keep your feet ventilated and cool
- Shock-absorption – These shoes offer immense shock absorption properties, which have been recognized and praised by wearers
- Incredible comfort – Arguably the biggest benefit and the most praised is the comfort factor. These shoes scream comfort every time you step in them (and stay comfortable all day long)
- High traction – The Skechers Energy offers incredible traction, even in wet and slippery conditions
- A lack of ventilation – The manufacturers wanted to add durability and ventilation in one. Unfortunately there are some reviewers who think the air flow is not enough. You can’t please everyone
- A lack of arch support – Some people say they are comfortable for their high arches, and some say they are not. There’s a 50/50 chance they will fit your arches comfortably. The good news is that they have removable insoles so you can use your own Orthotics
- Not true to size – They have a 76% fit rate. You should really size up by 1/2 to get the right fit
Do I recommend them?
The Skechers Energy has it all.
It has good ventilation (even though it’s not the greatest), a strong upper, strong grip, comfort, a big and bulky design, and aesthetics.
Yes it lacks in some places like the arch support and ventilation.
But these do not take away from the performance and ability to stand out.
At the moment they’ve got over 5000 reviews from Amazon alone. 68% of those are 5 stars!
The pros far outweigh the cons, and the sizing issue can be fixed by going 1/2 a size up.
When I first began reviewing this shoe I knew I was looking at a winner.
Researching it inside and out has only proven by assumptions.
There’s so much good and little things wrong with it that I can’t help but like them.
They are great, nostalgic shoes that have come to set the bar high.
And they have done just that.
The Verdict: Trendy and Comfy
Plain white shoes are not dying down anytime soon.
In fact they’re getting more popular.
That’s because they look cool and go with pretty much anything.
But paired with the right outfit you can really look fashionable, even if you’re not really.
The bottom line is this:
The Skechers Energy came back and made a statement. They are here to stay and will continue to be a hit among the 90s kids and teenagers.